Do you suffer from plantar fasciitis or heel pain?
Shockwave therapy is a quick, efficient treatment plan that is suitable even for the most sensitive and painful areas.
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave therapy applies a significant amount of energy in the form of ‘shockwaves’ similar to that of an explosion into the effective area. This stimulation into the associated tissues, increases blood flow, breaking down scar tissue, and increases the bodies natural healing process. Think of it like experiencing a hour long massage in just four minutes.
Why choose Shockwave Therapy?
- non evasive
- quick treatment time; 10-30 minutes
- effects start to take place immediately
- long term healing
- high success rate – success rate of 80%
- only need on average 6 to 10 treatments
Treating foot pain with Shockwave Therapy
At Footsmart Podiatry shockwave therapy is our newest and effective treatment used to treat the following conditions:
- soft tissue pain
- tendon pain
- muscle pain
- joint pain
- plantar fasciitis or heel pain
- Achilles tendonitis
Each appointment will take around 10 to 20 minutes, sometimes up to 30 depending on which condition listed above is being treated. On average, six to eight treatment sessions are needed and usually these occur weekly.
Shockwave therapy is performed in just a few simple steps:
- Your Footsmart podiatrist determines the issue needed to be addressed by looking for pain points in your legs and feet.
- They will then apply gel to the area, this helps the shockwave easily pass between the handpiece and your skin.
- Placing the shockwave handpiece onto the gelled area, radial shockwaves will pass into the affected tissue for the length of time necessary for your condition – this time does vary.
- Once the shockwave portion is finished, your podiatrist will then apply a muscle loosening treatment. This is to improve blood flow and relax trigger points in the muscles.
At our Footsmart Podiatry clinics we offer HICAPS facilities meaning you can claim your rebate through your Private Health Insurance on the spot.
It is recommended that you contact your Private Health fund prior to your appointment. By quoting the item numbers listed below, your health fund should provide you with an estimated cost.