How can I improve my foot health?
See a podiatrist at every six months and follow these 7 steps!!
- Wash your feet daily ensuring that you dry thoroughly between your toes.
- Inspect your foot daily (check sores, cuts, bruises, changes to the toenails; use a mirror to look under the foot if you can not see it). If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please contact us or your local GP.
- Look after your health (maintain a healthy exercise regime, avoid excess alcohol, stop smoking and maintain healthy weight range)
- Cut toenails straight across and never cut into the corners.
- Do not try to remove corns and callus yourself – see a Podiatrist for this; we recommend you do not use corn removal pads or similar products available over the counter at pharmacies.
- Fitting of footwear is extremely important. See us for recommendations and to be fitted with appropriate footwear.
- Never wear tight socks or hosiery, this can cut off circulation to your feet!